Desktop Support Specialist
Last Day to Apply: August 03, 2019
S&P Data is a leading North American Contact Center with a state of the art work environment. Operating since 2014, we're proud to be providing employment opportunities in 6 locations across the USA and Canada including Cleveland, Troy, and Albuquerque. There are many growth opportunities as we prefer to promote from within.
The Desktop Support Administrator is responsible for providing first-line technical support to computer users experiencing difficulties with computer hardware, applications and communications software.
- Provide hardware and software support on employee systems (troubleshooting, email, network, software and peripheral equipment problems)
- Ability to install and operate a variety of software programs and to patch, upgrade or otherwise maintain existing software programs
- Provide problems solving services to network users
- Maintaining backup procedures and logs
- Workstation configuration and maintenance
- Administer and maintain end user accounts, permissions and access rights to company resources
- Responsible for routine moves, adds and changes
- Ability to read and interpret technical documents and procedure manuals
- Assist with projects and other duties as requested or assigned
- Must work weekends
We want you on our team.
Skills for Success:
- Must have desktop hardware and software support experience
- Technical expertise in Microsoft Outlook, Windows 2003 and XP
- Strong understanding of networking infrastructure (LAN, WAN and VPN)
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills with strict attention to detail
- Mature and independent worker
- Customer service oriented
- Flexibility to work varying shifts or additional hours as dictated by business needs
- Ability to meet deadlines and work in a fast paced environment
- Must be self motivated
- Flexible and adaptable
- Must be prompt for work
- Must have excellent verbal communication skills
- High tolerance for a fast paced demanding environment
- The agent to manager or lead ratio is 15 to 1. With every 15 agents added, there will be management and quality control opportunities to open!
- FULL Benefits with United Healthcare and Aflac
- Paid holidays and vacation time!
What we offer:
We love to develop our own and work hard to prepare high potential employees with the skills they need to succeed.
- In-class training plus ample support as you transition into production
- Major medical, dental and vision benefits
- Paid time off
- Paid personal days
- Ongoing training including sales coaching and the potential for leadership development for those with goals to move up the ladder
- A ton of opportunity for mentorship to prepare you for career advancement as the company grows
"Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Program
As an equal employment/affirmative action employer, S&P Data employs, retains, promotes, terminates and otherwise treats all employees and job applicants on the basis of merit, qualification and competence, without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or any other legally protected classifications or characteristics.
This policy also includes job assignments, transfers, wage and salary reviews and equal treatment in and access to company paid benefits.
Through our EEO and Affirmative Action Program, the company takes positive steps to ensure that equal employment opportunities prevail. Elements of our written program are available to all employees upon request.
Listed below are several employment programs and requirements to which we willingly adhere. The actual statements are posted in transparent locations throughout each work location.
- Sexual Harassment Policy
- Disabled Veterans/Veterans of the Vietnam Era
- Drug Free Workplace
- Family and Medical Leave Act
- Americans with Disabilities Act
- Immigration Reform and Control Act
Polygraph Protection Act
- Job Safety and Health Protection Act (OSHA)
- Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
- Ohio Bureau of Worker’s Compensation (OBWC)