Payroll Administrator - Interim
St. John's, Newfoundland & Labrador
Posted On: July 28, 2020
St. John's, Newfoundland... We want you on our TEAM.
S&P Data is a leading North American Contact Center with a state of the art work environment. Operating since 2004, we are proud to be providing employment opportunities in 9 locations across Canada and the USA. We are currently looking for outstanding employees who are passionate about offering customers the best in today’s products and services.
- S&P Data requires a Payroll Administrator to assist in multiple financial activities relating to our bi-weekly payroll functions. This will include the timely and accurate reporting of payroll data for the company employees.
- S&P Data offers competitive salary packages, an incredible work environment, and career advancement opportunities.
- Assist in the preparation and administration of payroll for all company employees, while auditing payroll processing reports for accuracy.
- Ensure that all Hourly Associates are paid accurately and in a timely fashion to all company employees, contractors, and other parties.
- Prepare journal entries and forms, such as records of employment, income tax forms, and remittances.
- Assist in the administration of employee programs (e.g. health benefits, garnishments)
- Ensure that weekly payroll submissions are accurate and completed on a weekly basis are filled out correctly.
- Issue ad hoc, monthly, quarterly, and annual reports.
- Take and handle all inquiries arising from questions about payroll.
- Implement salary increases, bonuses, commissions, and so on in accordance with instructions given.
- Maintain detailed records and documentation of payroll functions for audit purposes, in accordance with statutory requirements.
- If necessary, monitor holiday and attendance records for business units.
- Collaborate with the HR department and other departments to ensure pay and personnel records are accurate and up to date.
- Other financial duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Previous experience entering/processing payroll would be an asset
- Strong PC experience, understanding of operating systems and MS Office
- Ability to work in a constantly changing environment and consistently achieve quality standards
- Ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively with all levels of the organization
- Superior client service skills (both verbal and written) and strong active listening skills
- Proven ability to work independently or in a team environment
- Flexible and creative to resolve issues to the mutual satisfaction of the parties involved
- Strong organizational skills, including effective prioritization and follow-up
- Proven account reconciliation experience
- Flexibility to work additional hours as dictated by business needs
- Ability to take initiative
- Must be friendly and professional with a positive attitude
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Organized with the ability to quickly and effectively adapt to change
- Capable of managing multiple, simultaneous projects
- Ability to handle sensitive information and maintain confidentiality
We hold each other accountable to our Employee Charter:
- Encourages collaboration and sharing of ideas
- Communicates clearly and honestly across all levels of the organization
- Provides opportunities for personal growth, career development and continuous learning
- Lead by example and support and encourage you to perform
- Participate in your ongoing development by providing regular, constructive feedback
- Respect, support, and care for you
- Are the foundation and backbone of our company
- Commit to doing the best you can by taking pride in your work
- Respect our customers, coworkers and leaders
INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
S&P Data is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing accommodations for applicants upon request at any stage of the recruitment process in accordance with all legislative requirements throughout Newfoundland. Please let us know if you require an accommodation due to a disability and we will work with you to address your needs.